Monday, March 29, 2010

Mad Hatter


Well Hawllo. This weekend I took a break from my busy life to celebrate my birthday.

Friday: dinner party, including asian goodies and cake
Saturday: much needed sleep
Sunday: sushi and frozen yogurt courtesy of my wonderful boyfriend, Kei.

So now back to business. Tonight I printed out a couple of portfolio pieces for Tuesday when people working in different illustration fields come to my school to chat. This is one of the illustrations I put in my folio. It is an editorial piece to accompany a bad review for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. It is Johnny Depp as the mad hatter sitting in a coffee shop in the real world. I finished it about a week ago and it is the last traditional oil painting I plan on doing for a while.

Speaking of printing, we just bought a new printer. We named our Epson 1400 "Audrey" because we love it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment